Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sex and Disability

I’ve been writing and recording erotica for five years now, and in those five years I’ve gotten feedback from a subset of my readers/listeners saying just how much my erotica advantages them since they are somehow disabled - in that they are able to practical experience points vicariously through my words that they otherwise cannot. And from that group, a variety of folks have asked me if I’d create erotica for or about sex and disability.

Not fairly 2 years ago I had a medical emergency that left me temporarily disabled - and created sex a difficult proposition - for many weeks. I’ve been involved in a three-way partnership (couples domination) using a couple that are each blind, and I’ve buddies with disabilities in many locations, from autism to impotency, many sclerosis to spina bifida. I’ve had sisters fighting cancer - going the chemo and radiation route - and talked with them about how it impacted their sex lives. So I’ve some understanding and expertise with sex and disability, but not sufficient for what I’d prefer to do.

And what I’d prefer to do is create a collection of erotic stories - and possibly a series of podcasts - generally “Silken on Sex and Disability” and I’m reaching out to absolutely everyone I know, each in particular person and on-line, who's either disabled/experienced disability or is/was partnered with a person who is disabled. I’d like to speak with you. I know from my own private experience that individuals with disabilities are just as sensual and sexual because the subsequent person. I’d like to discover that, discover the fantasies and realities, the challenges and opportunities that come with the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment